Friday, March 30, 2012

Bad, BAd, BAD Wino!

I should know better, no, really, I should.

I drink wine everyday.

I always talk about the wines as I drink them, but then, well, enjoying the wine (or simply getting a buzz... I'm talking to you Thursdays) takes it away from me. It makes me feel like I shouldn't be one of those Wine Mag douches ignoring the pleasure of wine just to try to sound smarter than everyone else.

I have a confession...

I went to Napa, and I didn't spit.

In fact, I sometimes got bombed.

And it was amazing.

It also gave me a swift kick in the pants that I need to hop back on the education train and try to get back to breaking down everyday wines for my fellow winos.

Today was one of those work days where you almost jump up and down, grab a bottle of bubbles, and spray it everywhere. Not because I am a NASCAR driver with better hair, but because I got to TALK about wine. I love the nights people want to play, want to talk, and are hungry for more.

In other news, I bought $10 in Mega-Millions quick picks. Yes, I won't win. But if I did, I would spend my life teaching myself and others about wine. Some movie high school counselor said something like "what would you do if you won the lottery? Pick that and do that anyway."

Since my answer would be "grow, make, drink, teach... WINE" (and move back to Australia, and pay off Sallie Mae... but I digress) I guess I should get back to it.

So, here's to an Amador County Barbera and business cards that read something cool.... I'm back bitches, get your palate ready.

[Insert Le Duc reciting "in your face"]

No comments:

Post a Comment