Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc

Nautilus
Sauvignon Blanc - 2009
Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand



When I drink a sauv blanc I want the crazy fruity citrusy explosion, and New Zealnd does that style best. This wine is heavy on the fruit and brimming with grapefruit. Crisp and acidic this refreshing and vibrant sauv blanc keeps me guessing. I get the grapefruit of course, but it is nicely balanced with a medley of kiwi, starfruit, with pronounced citrus notes. The lovely fruit salad leaves a long tasty and refreshing finish.

This is a very pronounced fruity wine, but it doesn't have a sweetness to it like some other whites, the clean crisp finish makes this a sublime summer wine. As one of my favorite white grapes I appreciate sauv blanc done well, and I appreciate it even more at a great price, which this one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment